Best Patio Umbrella Lights Reviews and Guide 2020
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
In This Article
Buying you cantilever patio umbrella was a very good idea especially since you love the outdoor thrill and needed the best environment to enjoy its fresh air.
However, just buying this patio umbrella is not enough. You need to customize it so that it leaves you with the very best outdoor experience of your own.
One of the best things that will give you this is getting the best patio umbrella lights that your umbrella can go with. We understand that with many lights to choose from, doing this could be slightly difficult.
That’s why we have chosen some of the best-lighted patio umbrellas that will reflect your style and inspire your outdoor space.
Buying Guide: How to Buy the Ideal Type
You must have decided on which patio umbrella light to go with by now. However, if you are still looking for additional tips apart from your buying preferences, these tips will give you the best pointers.
- Decor – The aesthetic value of your patio umbrella light is important. Always look out for the type of ambiance that it creates especially if you need it for a special occasion such as on a romantic night with your partner.
- Efficiency – How well does the light serve you? Is the brightness to the level that you require? This one also plays a huge role. If you are a family of 8 for instance, it means that under a 13 feet patio umbrella you will have an additional table. Going for a light that ensures enough visibility all through the area will be important.
- Build – How durable is the light? Metallic alloy and hard plastic builds are some of the best options to go with if you are looking for durable patio lights. They will last longer and more importantly leave you with an extended use for value.
- Power – Any patio umbrella light must be powered on and off. We suggest looking for designs that have an auto on and off power system, battery and solar options, and rechargeable battery systems whenever you intend to buy a new light for your outdoor umbrella.
- Hold – Because you are using the light under the umbrella, you need it to stay in a raised position. Go with lumps that have clamping mechanisms or clipping technologies. They are easy to raise up and will spread out the light appropriately.
- Waterproof – We always refer to rain because rain and electricity don’t go together. In order to remain safe, you need a waterproof lighting system that will not giving in under any slight touch of water or rainfall. Faulty lights can be extremely dangerous.
- Runtime – How long does the light stay on before the battery power runs out? The best light should be able to serve its purpose before it goes off. Most batteries take time to recharge and that’s why you need a great runtime. From 8 hours to 18 hours is a good runtime. Nonetheless, the runtime that you choose to go with will depend on how long you need to keep your lamp powered up and the number of times that you intend to charge it.
- The Shape of the Umbrella – The shape of a patio umbrella also plays a key role. For the standard umbrellas, any type of patio umbrella light will be okay. However, if you have patio umbrellas that come with an offset or cantilever design, regular patio umbrella lights won’t work. Instead, you’ll have to acquire a customized patio light for the same. This is often common with the strand lights for patio umbrellas.
- Number of Ribs – The number of ribs that your patio umbrella has is also very important to know. While most standard patio umbrellas spot eight ribs, there are special cases when you can have six or nine ribs. Counting the ribs is important since the lighting strands will follow the ribs. As they do, they’ll have a sensational touch that lifts the mood. Don’t leave any strand without a light to work with.
- Umbrella Diameter – Getting the accurate measurement of the diameter of your patio umbrella is also ideal. It will help you to calculate the right length for every strand. If you do this right, you won’t miss any point around the umbrella.
You’ll also have the best design under your patio umbrella. To get the right calculation, here is what you should do.
The diameter of your patio umbrella should be divided by 2. This gives you the radius of the patio umbrella. The radius corresponds to the length of every light strand that you’ll need. It’s no brainer.
With the best patio umbrella lights reviews, you can now choose the best option to go with. We have also put together some few buying pointers so that you can get a superior model any time you choose to upgrade.
Top 5 Patio Umbrella Lights
In this post, we will help you to get started with some of the Best Patio Umbrella Lights Reviews 2019. We have chosen the best products for you after a close comparison of the top-rated options that we have in the market.
AMIR (Upgraded Version) Patio Umbrella Light
- Supreme Quality Umbrella Light - Made of high quality and durable ABS material, built with 28 powerful big LEDs, it gives off light at 12000 lux, bright enough for you to gather around in the patio for a party, or chatting with neighbors and friends
- 3 Brightness- 3 modes for brightness: Dim (Inter 8 LED bulbs), Bright (Outer 20 LED bulbs), Super Bright (All 28 LED bulbs)
- Cordless & Easy to Install - Cordless design, No tools required. Quite easy to clamp your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp
- Dimension - Diameter of Product is 7.87 inches (20cm). Fit for most umbrellas with 1.25 inch (3.2cm) to 2.04 inches (5.18cm) diameter pole
- Batteries Operated - Requires 4xAA batteries/4xAA rechargeable battery (NOT INCLUDED). LED light life span is more than 50,000 hours
For our first best patio umbrella light, we have the AMIR (Upgraded Version) Patio Umbrella Light. The 24 LED lighting system is unique. It is easy to use and has one of the best lighting capacities. Its features are also cool and include:
- Durable Design – The LED lighting system for patio is made of up to 80% of hard durable plastic. This supreme and durable quality ABS material makes it ideal for longer use. It is, therefore, a great way to enjoy the value of your money.
- Built-in LED Lights – LED lights are naturally powerful. They are the latest designs and provide undisputable illumination. For patio umbrellas, the use of LED lights will guarantee some of the most memorable lighting sprees. This umbrella lighting is built with 24 powerful LEDs. The LEDS are big and give off light at about 12000 lux. This is bright enough for any patio owner who wants to throw a party or have a quiet romantic evening.
- 3 Modes – As if that’s not enough, this patio umbrella lighting system also comes with three modes of operation. It offers the low, medium, and high lighting options. You can regulate the intensity of your lighting depending on how dark it is or what you need.
- 2 Independent Switches – Nonetheless, the AMIR Upgraded Version also has two switches that you can use to operate it. There is the black colored switch for dim and the white one when brighter intensity. These colors make it easy to choose your intensities.
- Cordless Operation – Since this patio umbrella uses a cordless design, it is easy to operate. It is also easy to install as no-tools are required. The design allows you to simply clamp your lighting system onto the patio umbrella. The clamp is strong. It comes with a built-in design. It is auto adjustable and can be used from any angle.
- Wide enough with a diameter of 7.87 inches (20cm)
- Fits most patio umbrellas
- Has long lasting battery capacity
- Easy to charge and comes with a cord
- LED light life span is longer (over 50,000 hours)
- May catch dirt if left outside for long
- Doesn’t come with a patio umbrella
TIP: Best patio umbrella lighting system for someone with a tight budget. It is easy to use and comes with a simple user manual too.
LATME Patio Umbrella Lights
- 10 Intensity of Cool White Light & 12 Colors--Before use,please take out the insulator of the remote.10 brightness settings and 12 colors changing for outdoor activities.You can keep the color lights with your mood or let all the color jump or fade.Suit your need for different brightness on different occasions.
- Solar/Battery Powered--Solar powered and built-in 1pcs premium rechargeable battery;or ordinary 4*AA battery(NOT INCLUDED) is also applicable,but not rechargeable.It will continuously light 5 hours if it is charged over 8 hours by the enough sunlight/DC.Energy-saving,environment-friendly.
- Remote Control--20 feet remote control distance.The remote controller can be used to set the brightness and colors lighting patterns,or turn on/off the light.12 different color shades and 10 brightness modes, just press some keys.Can also be turned on/off by pressing the switch.
- Easy to Install--No need for extra tools,easy to clamp to your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp,also can be hung anywhere using the two hooks,pole mounted,fit pole size from 0.86 inch to 1.81 inch in diameter.Note:The umbrella,the power bank and the AC adapter are not included.
- Multiple Functions--Suitable for camping,BBQ,playing cards,or lie on your leisure chair in the evening with your families or friends.
Like the mode above, LATME Patio Umbrella Lights is one of the best patio umbrella lights for modern homes. It is easy to install and guarantees you the best evenings ever. The model is also a contemporary one with some quality features.
- 3 Modes – First, this model offers three lighting intensities. It allows you to press once and enjoy a 4 LED light dim mode, or to press twice for the 24 LED power light bright mode. For the guys who need a super bright mode for bigger outdoor parties, pressing the button three times guarantees just that.
- LED Lighting – This patio umbrella lighting system is also equipped with up to 28 LED lights. When on the brightest mode, the LED lighting system offers all the 28 LED lights. It is the super bright lighting for any party.
- Durable Material – More importantly, LATME Patio Umbrella Light is also made of durable materials. It is designed from the high-grade ABS material. This material doubles the life-span of the patio umbrella and guarantees the best value for money too.
- Energy Saving – Again, this outdoor umbrella light is designed with the best energy-saving technology. As such, it is friendly to the environment. It offers no volatile emissions and you can use it anytime you need.
- Easy To Install – This LED lights for patio umbrellas is also easy to install. It requires no extra tools and comes with a more or less the same clamping technology as the previous model. The clamp is auto adjustable and is equally strong. If not, you can hang the light anywhere around.
- Comes with two hooks for easy pole mounting
- Has a perfect fit on pole with its 0.86 inch diameter
- Easy to mount with the face down
- Provides direct and indirect lighting
- Wide enough for large parties
- Low water resistance so don’t use under heavy rain
- Batteries not included
TIP: Suitable for multiple functions such as camping, hiking, BBQ, romantic nights, and playing cards. Best if you want to use less energy but enjoy maximum illumination.
6-Light Rechargeable LED Umbrella Light
- 6-light long lasting LED lights rated to 30,000 hours
- Self-clamping adjustable umbrella light fits umbrella poles up to 2-in diam
- Designed to fit market-style and cantilever-style umbrellas
- Outside diameter: 9-in
- Light lasts 6 hours on a full charge
The best patio umbrella lights to start us off on this awesome reviews is the 6-Light Rechargeable LED Umbrella Light.
Fitted with a classical and extra stylish design, the 6 Rechargeable LED patio umbrella lights have a rather appealing design.
It will easily integrate with any modern patio umbrella design and leave you with a unique touch for your outdoor experiences too.
The light, which has a self-adjusting design technology, will easily fit in almost all types of outdoor patio umbrella poles fast.
It has an average of 30,000 hours rating which is by far one of the best ratings that any modern medium sized home will actually need today.
The best part it this, the lighting system has self-clamping adjustable fits that give you an easy time whenever you want to fit the light on any of your best umbrella poles.
Indeed, it comes with a 2-inch diameter umbrella holes design which is common with the best umbrella stand holes too. This cantilever umbrella with lights comes with 9-in outside diameter size.
It’s run hours is up to 6 hours when the light is on a full charge and thus will give you enough lighting time for your outdoor needs.
AMIR Patio Umbrella Light
- Upgraded patio umbrella light with 28 LEDs ,Brighter enough 400Lumens Max, matched USB cable, more convenient to charge though power bank, computer or wall charger.
- 2 Levels Brightness (28LED/8LED): Turn on dim light with 8 Led, or full light with 28 LED to set brightness for nightly outdoor activities.
- Built-in 2pcs premium environmental-friendly rechargeable batteries (3.7V, 4400mAh) and the light will be on 18-54 hours after fully charged in 8 hours.
- Simply Installation, Cordless design with built-in flexible auto adjustable clamp, no tools required, just need to clamp to your sunshade, Pole mounted fit pole size from (0.78in to 2.04in) in diameter, suitable for most patio umbrellas.
- The light with top thick black ABS shell, portable and convenient ,you can charged on power bank or notebook power adapter,perfect for outdoor use, camping tent,nightly leisure time and more!
While the product measures approximately 7.9 inches (20cm) in diameter it makes up for one of the best fits for most patio umbrellas with a pole diameter of between 0.9 inches (2.3cm) and 1.9 inches (5.0cm).
This upgraded patio outdoor light for umbrellas comes with 28 LED lights that ensure you get the brightest setting for your outdoor needs.
In fact, this umbrella light is fitted with 400 lumens so that it provides the maximum light at any given time.
It is matched with a recharging USB cable so that you can easily enjoy boost up your batteries to full charge capacity with the use of a power bank, wall charger, computer, or laptop.
More importantly, the TOTOBAY 28 LEDs Cordless Patio Umbrella Lights offers 2 levels of between 28LED/8LED designs. You can, therefore, turn it on dim light easily with the 8 LED or go full light with the 28 LED.
When fully charged, the light will provide up to 18 hours of full lighting. It requires no tools to install and you will get the best fit with its reliable clamp system.
And because of its versatile design, this outdoor patio umbrella light has many uses including umbrella lighting, camping tent lighting, and temporary emergency lighting.
It can also double up as the perfect BBQ light, outside seating and eating light, and also gaming light.
Kyson Solar Power Vintage Latern Candle
- Powered by Solar energy, charge at day and light at night automatically
- With the steel hand,easy to hang up or moved
- Twinkle candle effect with vintage design,best decoration for beach umbrella, tree, pavilion
- Please note the size of this light is lovely,about 5” x 3.5”x 3.5”
- Solar Cells That Can Charge Faster Built In Light Sensor That Will Turn Light On
Made of high-quality plastic and metal, this patio umbrella light will provide you with a longer lifespan.
Kyson Solar Powered Vintage Latern Candle Twinkle Outdoor Umbrella Lights comes in a pack of 4 and also has the romantic “candle twinkle” effect to amp your evening.
It boasts of a highly dependable waterproof and heatproof touch so that you can use it for as long as you can take care of it.
More importantly, the system doubles up with a replaceable battery so that you can regulate the use of the solar system and still enjoy a longer service.
It also uses the smart technology with automatic light sensor functionality so that the light stays on an “auto” on and off a system.
You can, therefore, enjoy up to 8 hours of light without having to worry of whether you left the light on or off when you dozed off.
Fitted with a steel hand, this set of best patio umbrella lights will easily allow you to hang them under your umbrella with an effortless touch.
The solar cells can also charge pretty fast when the solar power is down and comes with a built-in light sensor that will also turn the light on.
Type of Lighting Required
The very first thing that you should look at when buying the best patio umbrella light is lighting type. To get a clearer picture of what type of lighting to look at, you should ask yourself the following questions.
- What type of use do I need this lighting for?
- What design of patio umbrella light do I need?
If you just want a great time with loved ones, then looking for cool lighting designs will be awesome. Some of the lighting types that you can go for include.
- String hanging lights
- Hooke-up lights
- Clamped-on pole
Lights that re clamped on the umbrella poles will provide concentrated illumination. As such, they are the best for:
- Reading a book
- A game of cards
- Serving food
However, going with a disc-style lighting system is also a better solution in case you are looking to complete tasks when it is dark. They provide brighter much intense illumination at such moments.
From my lighting research, patio umbrella lights come in two main styles. These styles are as follows.
- Strand lights
- Disc lights
Like I mentioned above, the former is best for a stylish setup. However, the latter is cool for better light intensity on a dark night.
Strand lights will provide a water-fountain like lighting pattern. This makes the place look lively and enjoyable. It adds more fun on a dull night-party. This is unlike disc lights that provide maximum illumination that spreads out.
Even better, strand lights come with a central trunk. It will spread through the umbrella shaft and spreads out on other shafts. Disc lights are however ideal for clamping and cranking the umbrella.
Lighting Power Sources
Since patio lights are meant to illuminate, the one thing that you must not ignore is the power source. There are many sources of power that light up the patio umbrella lights. However, choosing the technology that meets your needs is the best.
- Solar-powered umbrella lights
The first one is solar power. Patio umbrella lights can be powered by the sun’s energy. The good thing about solar power is this. It is green power source and as such friendlier to the environment.
The patio umbrella light that powers up using solar energy comes with a solar cell. The cell is located on top of your umbrella and absorbs the sun rays. The rays are transformed into power and integrated in the in-built battery.
This is what you’ll use to power up the light when you need to. Some solar powered patio umbrella lights also work with an automatic technology that allows it to power up when darkness sets in.
Battery power is also another important form of power. If you are using batteries to power up your patio umbrella lights then you can use either of these two type.
These are often easy to use. They are also efficient if you are using them with your patio umbrellas. This is because they can be recharged once power runs out. However you should allow them to drain power completely.
If this happens often, then they’ll start to malfunction. Charging when they are at 20% is better.
Rechargeable batteries are also friendly to the environment. They will last longer than the regular batteries and come with recharging USB cords.
Regular or standard batteries cannot be recharged. They are designed for a one-time use. As such, once the batter power runs out, you’ll have to replace the whole batch. Standard batteries are cheaper but not quite environment friendly. When used for long they will cost more than rechargeable batteries will.
Electric – Mains
There are patio umbrella lights that use the standard electric plugs. These ones get their power from the main electricity supply. They use a power extension or cord. This cord may be dangerous if left lying recklessly.
However, the patio umbrella lights of these types are reliable too. They work great and will leave you with a satisfactory touch.
How Do Disc Lights Work?
The disc lights resemble the hockey pucks. They’re designed in a way that they will latch onto the patio umbrella on the main shaft. As this happens, they will also emit their light downwards.
This light illumination is, therefore, much more intense. It comes out in a focused designed and lands centrally around the patio umbrella’s shaft. Consequently, it illuminates any objects under the canopy.
It is due to this type of lighting that disc lights are practical for a game of cards, reading, and easting. However, it is not pretty to watch with the eyes directly. Even so, when buying this type of light know the pole’s diameter.
Most diameters will fall around 1.5 inches to 2 inches. Thankfully, most disc lights have adjustable clamps.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are also the common questions that most people ask before buying a patio umbrella light. I have gathered a few to shade more light.
- How do you put lights on a patio umbrella?
There are two ways of doing that. If you are using disc lights, you can put lights by clamping them on the patio umbrella pole. However, if you are using the strand lights, you need to follow the ribs, the circumference, and the pole. Strand lights seem to lace up the umbrella and should be stringed in the same way.
- Does a patio umbrella need a base?
Yes. To maximize its stability, patio umbrellas must have bases. They cannot stand alone. The bases that you can buy are many. They include, flat bases, plastic bases, tripod bases, and metallic bases. The shapes are different and some bases need re-filing with water or sand to work.
- Can you use a patio umbrella without a table?
Yes. Offset patio umbrellas can be used without tables and so can cantilever models too. Tables work to your convenience if you require a place to play a game or cards. However, if you just want to whisk the time away, you just stretch under the umbrella. However, to use a patio umbrella without a table means that you must have a base.
If you are looking for the best patio umbrella lights then you found the perfect solution in my post. Even so, it is vital that you choose a mode that is easy to handle and one that lasts longer. The best way to do that is to follow the buying guide that I’ve given you.
Personally, I use the disc patio umbrella light since I research a lot. But if you want to have a good time, using the stand lights will be the best way to cool off.