The 6 Best Patio Umbrella Lights Reviews and Guide
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Best Patio Umbrella Lights
In This Article
Buying a cantilever patio umbrella is a very good idea especially since you love the outdoor thrill and needed the environment to enjoy its fresh air.
However, just buying this patio umbrella is not enough. You need to customize it so that it leaves you with the very best outdoor experience of your own.
One of the best things that will give you this is getting the best patio umbrella light that your umbrella can go. We understand that with many lights to choose from, doing this could be slightly difficult.
That’s why we have chosen some of the best lighted patio umbrellas that will reflect your style and inspire your outdoor space.
Buying Guide: How to Buy the Patio Umbrella Light/ Outdoor Umbrella Light
You must have decided on which patio umbrella light to go with by now. However, if you are still looking for additional tips apart from your buying preferences, these tips will give you the best pointers.
- Decor – The aesthetic value of your patio umbrella light is important. Always look out for the type of ambiance that it creates especially if you need it for a special occasion such as on a romantic night with your partner.
- Efficiency – How well does the light serve you? Is the brightness to the level that you require? This one also plays a huge role. If you are a family of 8 for instance, it means that under a 13 feet patio umbrella you will have an additional table. Going for a light that ensures enough visibility all through the area will be important.
- Build – How durable is the light? Metallic alloy and hard plastic builds are some of the best options to go with if you are looking for durable patio lights. They will last longer and more importantly leave you with an extended use for value.
- Power – Any patio umbrella light must be powered on and off. We suggest looking for designs that have an auto on and off power system, battery and solar options, and rechargeable battery systems whenever you intend to buy a new light for your outdoor umbrella.
- Hold – Because you are using the light under the umbrella, you need it to stay in a raised position. Go with lumps that have clamping mechanisms or clipping technologies. They are easy to raise up and will spread out the light appropriately.
- Waterproof – We always refer to rain because rain and electricity don’t go together. In order to remain safe, you need a waterproof lighting system that will not giving in under any slight touch of water or rainfall. Faulty lights can be extremely dangerous.
- Runtime – How long does the light stay on before the battery power runs out? The best light should be able to serve its purpose before it goes off. Most batteries take time to recharge and that’s why you need a great runtime. From 8 hours to 18 hours is a good runtime. Nonetheless, the runtime that you choose to go with will depend on how long you need to keep your lamp powered up and the number of times that you intend to charge it.
- The Shape of the Umbrella – The shape of a patio umbrella also plays a key role. For the standard umbrellas, any type of patio umbrella light will be okay. However, if you have patio umbrellas that come with an offset or cantilever design, regular patio umbrella lights won’t work. Instead, you’ll have to acquire a customized patio light for the same. This is often common with the strand lights for patio umbrellas.
- Number of Ribs – The number of ribs that your patio umbrella has is also very important to know. While most standard patio umbrellas spot eight ribs, there are special cases when you can have six or nine ribs. Counting the ribs is important since the lighting strands will follow the ribs. As they do, they’ll have a sensational touch that lifts the mood. Don’t leave any strand without a light to work with.
- Umbrella Diameter – Getting the accurate measurement of the diameter of your patio umbrella is also ideal. It will help you to calculate the right length for every strand. If you do this right, you won’t miss any point around the umbrella.
You’ll also have the best design under your patio umbrella. To get the right calculation, here is what you should do.
The diameter of your patio umbrella should be divided by 2. This gives you the radius of the patio umbrella. The radius corresponds to the length of every light strand that you’ll need. It’s no brainer.
With the best patio umbrella lights reviews, you can now choose the perfect option to go with. We have also put together some few buying pointers so that you can get a superior model any time you choose to upgrade.
Top 6 Patio Umbrella Lights Reviews
In this post, we will help you to get started with some of the outdoor, cantilever, solar powered and led patio umbrella lights reviews 2021. We have chosen the best products for you after a close comparison of the top-rated options that we have in the market.
AMIR (Upgraded Version) Patio Umbrella Light
- Supreme Quality Umbrella Light - Made of high quality and durable ABS material, built with 24 powerful big LEDs, it gives off light at 12000 lux, bright enough for you to gather around in the patio for a party, or chatting with neighbors and friends
- 3 Modes & 2 Independent Switches - 3 modes for brightness: Low (Inter 4 LED bulbs), Medium (Outer 20 LED bulbs), High (All 24 LED bulbs), these modes are operated by 2 switches; Black one for Dim, white one for Low
- Cordless & Easy to Install - Cordless design, No tools required. Quite easy to clamp your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp
- Dimension - Diameter of Product is 7.87 inches (20cm). Fit for most umbrellas with 0.9 inch (2.3cm) to 1.9 inches (4.8cm) diameter pole
- Batteries Operated - Requires 3xAA batteries (NOT INCLUDED). LED light life span is more than 50,000 hours
For our first best patio umbrella light, we have the AMIR (Upgraded Version) Patio Umbrella Light. The 24 LED lighting system is unique. It is easy to use and has one of the best lighting capacities. Its features are also cool and include:
- Durable Design – The LED lighting system for patio is made of up to 80% of hard durable plastic. This supreme and durable quality ABS material makes it ideal for longer use. It is, therefore, a great way to enjoy the value of your money.
- Built-in LED Lights – LED lights are naturally powerful. They are the latest designs and provide undisputable illumination. For patio umbrellas, the use of LED lights will guarantee some of the most memorable lighting sprees. This umbrella lighting is built with 24 powerful LEDs. The LEDS are big and give off light at about 12000 lux. This is bright enough for any patio owner who wants to throw a party or have a quiet romantic evening.
- 3 Modes – As if that’s not enough, this patio umbrella lighting system also comes with three modes of operation. It offers the low, medium, and high lighting options. You can regulate the intensity of your lighting depending on how dark it is or what you need.
- 2 Independent Switches – Nonetheless, the AMIR Upgraded Version also has two switches that you can use to operate it. There is the black colored switch for dim and the white one when brighter intensity. These colors make it easy to choose your intensities.
- Cordless Operation – Since this patio umbrella uses a cordless design, it is easy to operate. It is also easy to install as no-tools are required. The design allows you to simply clamp your lighting system onto the patio umbrella. The clamp is strong. It comes with a built-in design. It is auto adjustable and can be used from any angle.
Things we like –
- Wide enough with a diameter of 7.87 inches (20cm)
- Fits most patio umbrellas
- Has long lasting battery capacity
- Easy to charge and comes with a cord
- LED light life span is longer (over 50,000 hours)
Things should consider –
- May catch dirt if left outside for long
- Doesn’t come with a patio umbrella
TIP: Best patio umbrella lighting system for someone with a tight budget. It is easy to use and comes with a simple user manual too.
LATME Solar Powered Umbrella Lights
- 10 Intensity of Cool White Light & 12 Colors--10 brightness settings and 12 colors changing for outdoor activities.You can keep the color lights with your mood.Suit your need for different brightness on different occasions.
- Solar/Battery Powered--Solar powered and built-in 1pcs premium rechargeable battery;or ordinary 4*AA battery(NOT INCLUDED) is also applicable,but not rechargeable.It will continuously light 5 hours if it is charged over 8 hours by the enough sunlight/DC.Energy-saving,environment-friendly.
- 3.Energy-saving and Bright--With energy-saving LED bulbs,led energy saving and environmental friendly.
- Easy to Install--No need for extra tools,easy to clamp to your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp,also can be hung anywhere using the two hooks,pole mounted,fit pole size from 0.86 inch to 1.81 inch in diameter.Note:The umbrella,the power bank and the AC adapter are not included.
- Multiple Functions--Suitable for camping,BBQ,playing cards,or lie on your leisure chair in the evening with your families or friends.
Like the mode above, LATME Patio Umbrella Lights is one of the best patio umbrella lights for modern homes. It is easy to install and guarantees you the best evenings ever. The model is also a contemporary one with some quality features.
- 3 Modes – First, this model offers three lighting intensities. It allows you to press once and enjoy a 4 LED light dim mode, or to press twice for the 24 LED power light bright mode. For the guys who need a super bright mode for bigger outdoor parties, pressing the button three times guarantees just that.
- LED Lighting – This patio umbrella lighting system is also equipped with up to 28 LED lights. When on the brightest mode, the LED lighting system offers all the 28 LED lights. It is the super bright lighting for any party.
- Durable Material – More importantly, LATME Patio Umbrella Light is also made of durable materials. It is designed from the high-grade ABS material. This material doubles the life-span of the patio umbrella and guarantees the best value for money too.
- Energy Saving – Again, this outdoor umbrella light is designed with the best energy-saving technology. As such, it is friendly to the environment. It offers no volatile emissions and you can use it anytime you need.
- Easy To Install – This LED lights for patio umbrellas is also easy to install. It requires no extra tools and comes with a more or less the same clamping technology as the previous model. The clamp is auto adjustable and is equally strong. If not, you can hang the light anywhere around.
Things we like –
- Comes with two hooks for easy pole mounting
- Has a perfect fit on pole with its 0.86 inch diameter
- Easy to mount with the face down
- Provides direct and indirect lighting
- Wide enough for large parties
Things should consider –
- Low water resistance so don’t use under heavy rain
- Batteries not included
TIP: Suitable for multiple functions such as camping, hiking, BBQ, romantic nights, and playing cards. Best if you want to use less energy but enjoy maximum illumination.
Kyson Solar Power Vintage Latern Candle Twinkle Effect
- Powered by Solar energy, charge at day and light at night automatically
- With the steel hand,easy to hang up or moved
- Twinkle candle effect with vintage design,best decoration for beach umbrella, tree, pavilion
- Please note the size of this light is lovely,about 5” x 3.5”x 3.5”
- Solar Cells That Can Charge Faster Built In Light Sensor That Will Turn Light On
If you are looking for beautiful outside umbrella lights which will run for a long time, look no further because the Kyson Solar Power Vintage Latern Candle Twinkle Effect brings you exactly what you need!
Made of high-quality ABS plastic and metal material, these patio lights are sure to last a lifetime. These lights are designed to have a candle lamp appearance which is perfect if you are looking for vintage accessories.
In addition to this, they come as a pack of 4, and each of these lanterns has a lovely candle sparkling effect, which is ideal for date nights and romantic evenings.
Moreover, these patio lights are also very resistant to water and heat. While these lights can withstand harsh weather temperatures, you will still need to take care of them to ensure their longevity.
Furthermore, the model also boasts a powerful 600mAh battery which can run for 6 to 9 hours. Moreover, the battery is also very replaceable. This way, you can regulate the services and enjoy the radiant lights for a longer time.
In addition to this, these lights are also infused with modern technology, including an automatic light sensor. Instead of manually switching on and off the lights, it uses an “auto” on and off system.
They also have smart solar cells and an in-built light sensor that switches on only in your presence.
Things we like –
- Perfect decorative lights for all occasions
- No extra wires required for installing
- Packed with smart features
- Waterproof and heat-resistance
- Minimal maintenance
Things should consider –
- It might be a little pricey
OYOCO Patio Umbrella Light
- 1.3 brightness Mode--press once for 4 LED lights(Dim),press twice for 24 LED lights(Bright), or press three times for 28 LED lights(Super Bright).Suit your need for different brightness on different occasions.
- 2.Convenient--No need for extra tools,easy to clamp to your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp,also can be hung anywhere using the two hooks,pole mounted,fit poles with a diameter of approximately 0.86'' to 1.81''.
- 3.Energy-saving and Bright--With 28 energy-saving LED bulbs,led energy saving and environmental friendly.
- 4.Multiple functions--Suitable for camping,BBQ,playing CARDS,or lying on your leisure chair in the evening with your families or friends.
- 5.Available electrical source--Requires 4*AA batteries (NOT INCLUDED),which can be easily purchased in common shops. Easy to carry and prepare for batteries backup.
Standing as one of the best-fit patio umbrellas with a pole is the OYOCO Patio Umbrella Light.
This modern outdoor patio light comes with 28 bright LED lights that will lighten up every corner and give you the brightest setting for your patio. This umbrella also comes fitted with 200 lumens to brighten your patio further to ensure maximum visibility even in the dark.
To power up this patio umbrella light, you will need 4 x AA batteries not included with the set. However, these are easily available in all shops.
The standout feature of this umbrella pole light is that it offers three different light levels – 28LED/24LED/4LED. That gives you the freedom to brighten/dim the lights as per your preference.
When these lights are charged to their maximum, they can provide light for up to 18 hours. Moreover, they do not require any complicated tools for installation. Instead, you can get the job done with a durable clamp system.
These lights also come with an extremely versatile design that allows you to use them as emergency lights, camping lights, and so on.
You can also use these lights as an outside dining and seating light, a gaming light, and a BBQ light! Moreover, they also have great customer service that will help you out if you have difficulties.
Things we like –
- It comes with three levels of light
- Extremely bright lights
- 18 hours of light time
- Easy installation process
- Excellent customer service
Things should consider –
- The range of the pole could have been wider
- Not waterproof
- Batteries need to be purchased separately
HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light
- 2 MODES BRIGHTNESS PARTY LIGHT -- Two kind of switch operation by ON/OFF switch and 24 keys remote .This patio lighting has warm white light and 12 multi-color light. Perfect for outdoor use, camping tent, nightly leisure time and party decoration, atmosphere making etc..
- 12 COLORS CHANGING LED UMBRELLA LIGHT-- 20 super bright LED lighting and 12 colors changing light with high and low settings for outdoor activities: BBQ, camping, playing cards, or lie on your leisure chair to enjoy the romantic moonlight, create mood lighting with lover.
- REMOTE CONTROL & BATTERY OPERATED LIGHT -- The outdoor umbrella light is powered by 6 AA Batteries（Not included).Work with 24 keys remote control,you may keep the color lights with your mood or let all the color jump or fade.
- INSTALL QUICKLY --Cordless design with built-in auto adjustable strong clamp, no need for extra tools, just need to clamp to your umbrella,safety and convenience,suitable for most patio umbrellas. Fit pole size from 1.1 to 1.78 inch in diameter.
- WIDE APPLICATION -- Not only for umbrella lights, but camping tent lights or perfect for cubby, pool, party, enjoy a meal in hotel or restaurant balconies under the umbrella , playing games on the beach, using computer, reading your favorite book, listen music, picnicking on the lawn, lying on leisure chair in the evening chatting with your families or play with your friends after sunset or in a dark environment.
While most options on this list offer a single white color light, the HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light has multi-colored LED lights and a unique design.
With 16 lights for under outdoor umbrella, you can use this patio umbrella light in various ways. Whether it is a simple backyard get-together or a fancy party, these lights are sure to amp the energy.
In addition to this, you can easily change these lights with a remote controlling unit. Moreover, this remote also gives you the freedom to change and adjust the brightness setting of each of the 20 patio umbrella lights LED, which is a very efficient feature if you plan on using these umbrella lights at night.
Furthermore, each of these lights offers 250 lumens, making HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light one of the best outdoor patio umbrella lights.
Another impressive feature worth noting about this model is the build and design. The overall quality of these lights is extremely durable, thanks to the high-quality plastic material used during its manufacturing process.
This quality is uniform for both the lights and the remote control as well. The HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light also comes with a 1-year warranty that ensures the quality of the product and gives you peace of mind with your purchase.
Things we like –
- Excellent multi-colored design
- Offers 250 lumens of brightness
- It comes with a brightness controlling feature
- Includes an easy remote control for smoother usage
- Made of high-quality materials
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
Things should consider –
- The LED count is a little low
Holiday Styling String Light Pole
- SIMPLE AND STYLISH: No matter the occasion (birthdays, holidays, an intimate wedding, or small gathering of friends), these poles for outdoor string lights are all you need to magically transform your ordinary patio, garden or backyard.
- GOOD FOR ANY OCCASION: While each string light pole was designed to suspend festive lines of outside string lights, they can also be used for displaying all kinds of decor including banners, streamer, lanterns, balloons or garland.
- EASY TWO-STEP INSTALLATION: No climbing ladders with this simple twist connection. Just plant the bottom pole into the ground by pressing the forked end into the dirt and then affix the top half with a twist.
- HEAVY DUTY YEAR-ROUND DESIGN: With the forked base installed deeply in the packed ground, the outdoor light poles for string lights will hold firmly to illuminate your garden, wedding, or birthday with decor. No flimsy parts that will easily break.
- A HOUSEWARMING GIFT: Birthdays and holidays aren’t the only times to give gifts. Know someone moving into a new house with a garden, patio or backyard? These string light poles for outside will make a perfect contribution to the new chapter in their life.
Next on this list of umbrella lights reviews is the Holiday Styling String Light Pole.
When you look at string lights, the first thing you need to consider is the build and construction of the lights. That is because string lights, in general, are very thin and flimsy, which cannot stand straight and stable.
However, with Holiday Styling String Light Pole, this is a problem you do not have to worry about. Made with high-quality galvanized steel material, these poles are built to withstand it all.
These poles have the high strength and resilience you need to ensure their durability, whether it rain or shine. They also come with a powder coating that keeps the pole protected from rust, despite the external weather.
Furthermore, they also have an attached hook welded into the pole used to display lights and decorations with ease. They also come with a twist connector which makes the installation process easy without any wobbling.
This way, you will not have to deal with the complexities of bolts and nuts, which makes the process more straightforward.
The end side of the pole has a push fork that allows you to secure it deep into the ground easily. This way, the lights, and the pole will stand strong without any unnecessary movements.
Things we like –
- Made with high-quality galvanized steel
- It comes with a rust-resistant coating
- It comes with an attached hook to hang lights, decorations, etc
- Easy installation
- Push fork end for easy securing
Things should consider –
- It might be a little expensive
Type of Lighting Required
The very first thing that you should look at when buying the best patio umbrella light is lighting type. To get a clearer picture of what type of lighting to look at, you should ask yourself the following questions.
- What type of use do I need this lighting for?
- What design of patio umbrella light do I need?
If you just want a great time with loved ones, then looking for cool lighting designs will be awesome. Some of the lighting types that you can go for include.
- String hanging lights
- Hooke-up lights
- Clamped-on pole
Lights that re clamped on the umbrella poles will provide concentrated illumination. As such, they are the best for:
- Reading a book
- A game of cards
- Serving food
However, going with a disc-style lighting system is also a better solution in case you are looking to complete tasks when it is dark. They provide brighter much intense illumination at such moments.
From my lighting research, patio umbrella lights come in two main styles. These styles are as follows.
- Strand lights
- Disc lights
Like I mentioned above, the former is best for a stylish setup. However, the latter is cool for better light intensity on a dark night.
Strand lights will provide a water-fountain like lighting pattern. This makes the place look lively and enjoyable. It adds more fun on a dull night-party. This is unlike disc lights that provide maximum illumination that spreads out.
Even better, strand lights come with a central trunk. It will spread through the umbrella shaft and spreads out on other shafts. Disc lights are however ideal for clamping and cranking the umbrella.
Lighting Power Sources
Since outdoor lights are meant to illuminate, the one thing that you must not ignore is the power source. There are many sources of power that light up the patio umbrella lights. However, choosing the technology that meets your needs is the best.
Solar-powered umbrella lights
The first one is solar power. Patio umbrella lights can be powered by the sun’s energy. The good thing about solar power is this. It is green power source and as such friendlier to the environment.
The outdoor umbrella light that powers up using solar energy comes with a solar cell. The cell is located on top of your umbrella and absorbs the sun rays. The rays are transformed into power and integrated in the in-built battery.
This is what you’ll use to power up the light when you need to. Some solar powered patio umbrella lights also work with an automatic technology that allows it to power up when darkness sets in.
Battery power is also another important form of power. If you are using batteries to power up your patio umbrella lights then you can use either of these two type.
These are often easy to use. Rechargeable batteries lights are also efficient if you are using them with your patio umbrellas. This is because they can be recharged once power runs out. However you should allow them to drain power completely.
If this happens often, then they’ll start to malfunction. Charging when they are at 20% is better.
Rechargeable batteries are also friendly to the environment. They will last longer than the regular batteries and come with recharging USB cords.
Regular or standard batteries cannot be recharged. They are designed for a one-time use. As such, once the batter power runs out, you’ll have to replace the whole batch. Standard batteries are cheaper but not quite environment friendly. When used for long they will cost more than rechargeable batteries will.
Electric – Mains
There are patio umbrella lights that use the standard electric plugs. These ones get their power from the main electricity supply. They use a power extension or cord. This cord may be dangerous if left lying recklessly.
However, the patio umbrella lights of these types are reliable too. They work great and will leave you with a satisfactory touch.
How Do Disc Lights Work?
The disc lights resemble the hockey pucks. They’re designed in a way that they will latch onto the patio umbrella on the main shaft. As this happens, they will also emit their light downwards.
This light illumination is, therefore, much more intense. It comes out in a focused designed and lands centrally around the patio umbrella’s shaft. Consequently, it illuminates any objects under the canopy.
It is due to this type of lighting that disc lights are practical for a game of cards, reading, and eating. However, it is not pretty to watch with the eyes directly. Even so, when buying this type of light know the pole’s diameter.
Most diameters will fall around 1.5 inches to 2 inches. Thankfully, most disc lights have adjustable clamps.
FAQ: The Best Patio/ Outdoor Umbrella Light
How do you put lights on a patio umbrella?
There are two ways of doing that. If you are using disc lights, you can put lights by clamping them on the patio umbrella pole. However, if you are using the strand lights, you need to follow the ribs, the circumference, and the pole. Strand lights seem to lace up the umbrella and should be stringed in the same way.
How to set up a patio/ outdoor umbrella light?
The best way to set up patio umbrella lights is first to remove the umbrella from its place and lay it on a soft surface. Next, attach the light clips to the ribs of the umbrella and secure them in place. Make sure only to use five light clips per rib. Repeat the process for the other ribs.
If the ties have any excess length, chop them off. Next, wrap the color around the pole and attach your lights. Fix the power cords in place (if any) and give it power!
What color should you pick for an umbrella light?
In all honesty, the color of even the best umbrella light does not play an important role. Therefore, feel free to pick one that matches the aesthetic of your patio.
Do umbrella lights attract bugs?
Different types of bugs get attracted to different wavelengths of light. While most insects are attracted to shorter wavelengths, some bugs are attracted to UV lights. It is an important factor to consider while buying cantilever umbrella lights or rechargeable patio umbrella lights.
If you are looking for the best patio umbrella light then you will find the perfect solution in our post. Even so, it is vital that you choose a mode that is easy to handle and one that lasts longer. The best way to do that is to follow the buying guide that we have given you.
Top 7 Cantilever Outdoor patio Umbrella Reviews 2021 Are you looking for ways to style your backyard or garden space with the need for shade?